What is your refund policy if the government prevents the event from happening, as it did in 2020?
Our standard policy is as follows:
Up to 45 days before the event, we offer 100% refunds on attendee tickets.
Up to 15 days before the event, we offer 50% refunds on attendee tickets.
Up to 5 days before the event, we offer 25% refunds on attendee tickets.
After that there is no refund.
Regardless of reason we will be happy to offer refunds following the above policy. If the event cannot proceed as planned, there will be no refunds. Our policy is to delay the event until a future date where it can be run within 12 months, or the event will be changed to a virtual event. Once a new date is announced for the event, the standard policy above will apply again.
What if I get sick just before the event, can I get a refund?
The standard refund policy above will apply, and we will gladly change a physical ticket to a virtual ticket on submission of doctors note.
I have a medical exception to the vaccine and/or wearing of a mask. Can I attend?
No, please join the virtual event. We are 2 people, neither medically trained and thus not equipped with the capacity and skills to make these judgements about who’s exception is valid or safe. We do not want to risk anyones safety, so the line is drawn at that point. We use validated information from the South African Government and trusted organisations, like the American CDC, to drive decisions. Should any of these bodies publish specific guidance on medical exceptions we will adjust the policy.
Requiring proof of vaccination to attend goes against my rights. Are you allowed to make it a condition of attendance?
As a private organisation the right of admittance is reserved. We place attendee, speaker and staff safety first and so have taken the decision to make this a condition of attendance for everyone’s safety. We are not preventing you in any way from joining our virtual event, if you are unable to join physically. We use validated information from the South African Government and trusted organisations, like the American CDC, to drive decisions. Should they come out with specific guidance on medical exceptions we will adjust the policy.
As a sponsor, what happens if the government introduces lockdowns like in 2020?
If we get a lockdown again, it depends on level and how the government allows for audiences to attend events. Worst case scenario, we will postpone the event, but that is plan D. Plan B and plan C are to continue the event in a safe way with small changes to make it work. Ensuring we can run, unless we have a very serious issue, is also why we keeping the numbers at 250 people for now physically and picked venues with plenty of space to accomodate social distancing. We also see it likely that government will start to allow for larger events as long as attendees are vaccinated and we have taken that intro account on our planning and requirements.